- Larry Page was born on March 23, 1973 in the state of Michigan, United States of America.
- Larry Page’s full name is Lawrence Page.
- His parents were computer science professors at Michigan State University.
- Larry Page was interested in computers since childhood.
- Larry Page received a computer engineering degree from Stanford, University of Michigan.
- Here he met Sergey Brin and together they started a search engine called Google in 1996.
- In the beginning it was a very simple search engine, soon it gained worldwide popularity.
- In 1998, Larry and Brin launched Google Inc., a company headquartered in California’s Silicon Valley, with a loan of US$1 million.
Also Read – Places to visit in Rajastan
10 Important Facts about Google
- Google soon became the favorite of the whole world.
- In 2004, Google’s shares were launched in the market, which gave Larry Page and Sergey Brin the status of billionaires.
- Google’s most popular service Gmail was launched on April 1, 2004.
You should know this trick of Gmail
- On 14 November 2006, Google acquired the world’s most popular and largest video library, which you know as YouTube.
- On April 30, 2009, Google launched the first Android operating system for mobile phones, which became so popular that till date it has dominated mobile phones around the world.
funny facts about youtube
- By now Larry Page’s Google had covered the whole world.
- In September 2013, the famous Forbes magazine placed Larry on the thirteenth place in the list of the world’s richest people.
- Many of Google’s best features are free for people, in addition to Google Search, Gmail, YouTube, Google Translate, and the social networking site Google Plus are the main ones.
Larry Page was born on March 26, 1973 in Michigan, United States. Larry Page is an American computer scientist and businessman. Both his parents were computer experts, he also did computer engineering from Stan Ford University Michigan.
It was here that he met Sergey Brin and the two built the Google search engine. Larry’s full name is Lawrence Page. His father, Carl Page, was a renowned computer scientist and his mother was a teacher of computer programming. She had her early education at the Okemas Montessori School in Michigan. He graduated from East Lansing High School and went on to pursue a PhD in computer science from Stanford University on the link structure of the World Wide Web. and joined them.
In his research, Larry focused on the problem of finding out which web pages link to a given page. If they could figure out a way to count and qualify each and every backlink on the web, the web would become a more valuable place.
After four years of research, the duo developed a PageRank algorithm that they felt could be used to build a more advanced search engine than existing search engines. In the year 1996, the initial version of Google came which made a place all over the world.
The main source of Google’s earnings is from the advertisements shown on Google, which are shown through a platform called Google’s AdSense, if you are a blogger, then you must have known the importance of Adsense. For this, Larry Page has been honored with many awards, in which the main ones are Marconi Foundation Prize, Global Leader for Tomorrow, Technical Excellence Award, Webby Award. ), People’s Voice Award, Search Engine Award.
Recently, filmmaker Karan Johar has said about Google that “We always search all the information before making any film. When we make a film, then the whole matter becomes of research. I don’t think there will be any filmmaker whose work can go on without Google. The result of Larry’s day and night hard work is that today most of the people all over the world start internet with Google, internet is becoming easier for them day by day. Thanks for Larry Page!
The name Google is derived from the mathematical term Googol / Googol. Which means the number one, in front of which there is a hundred suns. That is, the Google search engine displays billions of results. With a $1 million loan from family, friends and investors, Larry and Brin launched Google Inc. in 1998, and soon Google became the world’s most popular search engine.
Google’s headquarters is in California’s Silicon Valley. Google was floated on the stock market in August 2004. Which made Larry and Brin billionaires. Before Eric Schmidt became Google’s chairman and CEO in 2001, Page served as co-chairman of Google together with Brin. Page and Brin both earn one dollar in annual compensation. Page married Lucinda Southworth on December 8, 2007, on Richard Branson’s Caribbean island, Necker Island.
Larry Page was honored with many awards for his remarkable work in the computer world. Including Marconi Foundation Award, Global Leader for Tomorrow, Technical Excellence Award, Baby Award, Search Engine Award etc.
Awards and recognition.
In 2003, both Brin and Page were awarded honorary MBA degrees by the IE Business School “for mobilizing the entrepreneurial spirit and accelerating the creation of new businesses….” And in 2004, they awarded the Marconi Foundation Award, the “highest award in engineering”, and was elected a Fellow of the Marconi Foundation at Columbia University. “Announcing their selection, Foundation President John J. Islin congratulated the duo on their invention, which has fundamentally changed the way we retrieve information today.” He was among the “Selected Cadre of 32 of the World’s Most Influential Communications Technology Pioneers…”. In 2005, Brin and Page were elected members of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences.
The World Economic Forum named Page a Global Leader for Tomorrow, and the X Prize selected Page as a Trustee of its Board. PC Magazine praised Google as one of the 100 Top Web Sites and Search Engines (1998) and in 1999 awarded Google the Technical Excellence Award for innovation in web application development. In 2000, Google won a Webby Award, the People’s Voice award for technical achievement, and in 2001 it was nominated for Search Engine Awards for Outstanding Search Service, Best Image Search Engine, Best Design, Most Webmaster Friendly Search Engine and Best Search Feature Awarded.”
Lawrence Larry Page His special things:
1. Page was born in East Lansing, Michigan, USA on 26 March 1973 in a Jewish family. Both of Page’s parents were computer science professors at Michigan State University.
2. From the age of just six, he started taking interest in computers. He was the first child in his primary school to complete a task with a word processor.
3. He received the honorary degree of Doctor of Engineering from the University of Michigan.
4. In 1998, Page and his classmate Brin founded Google.inc and opened the company with a total of four employees in the garage of the house.
5. To meet his initial expenses, he raised one million dollars from friends and relatives.
6. Page took the word ‘Google’ from the word ‘googol’ popularized by the American mathematician Edward Kasner which means the hundredth power of the number ten.
7. Both Page and Brin served as co-presidents of Google and earn only one dollar as annual compensation.
change background of google search and google+
- The main source of Google’s earnings is from the advertisements shown on Google, which are shown through a platform called Google’s AdSense, if you are a blogger, then you must know the importance of Adsense.
- In this way, Larry Page has been honored with many awards for his remarkable work, in which the main ones are Marconi Foundation Prize, Global Leader for Tomorrow, Technical Excellence Award. , Webby Award, People’s Voice Award, Search Engine Award
- Recently, filmmaker Karan Johar has said about Google that “We always search all the information before making any film. When we make a film, then the whole matter becomes of research. I don’t think there will be any filmmaker whose work can go on without Google.
- The result of Larry’s day and night hard work is that today most of the people all over the world start internet with Google, internet is becoming easier for them day by day. Thanks for Larry Page!
Larry Page Early Life and Education
Larry, also known as Lawrence Edward Page, is the son of his father, Carl Page, a pioneer of computer science and artificial intelligence, and his mother, who taught computer programming. She was a teacher.
Larry graduated from East Lansing High School. After earning a Bachelor of Science degree in engineering from the University of Michigan, Page decided to focus on computer engineering at Stanford University, where he met Sergey Brin.
As a research project at Stanford University, Page and Brin created a search engine that listed results according to the popularity of pages, concluding that the most popular result would often be the most useful.
Starting of Google
Larry and Sergey Brain researched together for 4 years and then they developed a PageRank algorithm and then they realized that it could be used to build many advanced search engines.
The first version of Google came in 1926 and Google made a place for itself all over the world. Based on popularity, this engine ranks pages. Google, which is a mathematical name, means one hundred zeros in front of a name, that is, Google presents many billions of results.
In 1998, Brin and Larry together took $ 1 million from their friends, investors and family members and launched the Google company.
In 2004, Larry and Brin became billionaires due to Google coming to the stock market. Google is headquartered in California’s Silicon Valley. In 2004, Google launched the social networking site Orkut and introduced Google Desktop Search.
The year 2005 was very profitable for Google. Google Maps, Blogger Mobile, Google Reader, and iGoogle were released that year. In 2006, Google also bought YouTube and introduced the chat feature in Gmail.
In 2007, Google partnered with China Mobile and Salesforce.com. In 2013, 590 billion searches were done on Google and it became the most popular search engine in the world.
According to Forbes, Larry was placed at the thirteenth place among the 400 richest Americans. In October 2013, he was ranked No. 17 on the list of Most Powerful People according to Forbes. Page works with Brin as CEO of Google and plans the day-to-day development of the company, as director of Brin projects Awards:
In 2003, both Brin and Page were awarded honorary MBA degrees by IE Business School. In 2004, Brin and Larry received the Marconi Foundation Award, which has been called “the highest award in engineering “.
He was elected a Fellow of the Marconi Foundation at Columbia University. The World Economic Forum named Page as a Global Leader for Tomorrow in 2002.
In 2005, Brin and Page were also elected members of the “American Academy of Arts and Sciences”. He was also elected a Fellow of the Marconi Foundation at Columbia University. In 2009, Brin and Page were ranked 5th on Forbes’ “The World’s Most Powerful People”.