What is Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana and how to take advantage of it
Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana 2.o, Registration, Free Gas Cylinder, Form, Documents, complete Information
Read Also – Make Money Online
India is now joining the prosperous countries, but even today there are many such families in India whose facility like LPG is not available in their house, it does not mean that LPG or LPG is not easily available in India but in fact people are now are also so poor that they cannot pay the cost of cooking gas (LPG) for themselves. That is why the then Prime Minister of India, Narendra Modi , started a scheme on 1 May 2016 for those people who could not buy LPG for themselves, which was named Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana. Under which women from families living below the poverty line. 50 million LPG connections were distributed to
Pradhan Mantri Ujjwala Yojana 2.0
Prime Minister Narendra Modi has started the second phase of the Ujjwala scheme on 10 August 2021. As you know, under the Ujjwala Yojana, free gas connection is given to the women of families belonging to below poverty line. If you also want to take free gas connection through this facility, then now you can apply for it sitting at your home. Let us know the details of Ujjwala Yojana.
How important is LPG
The poor have limited access to cooking gas (LPG). The spread of LPG cylinders has mainly been in urban and semi-urban areas, mostly involving middle class and affluent households. Even today, many families cook their food with the help of fossil fuels, but cooking based on fossil fuels also poses many serious health hazards. According to WHO estimates, there are about 5 lakh deaths due to cooking with unclean fuel in India alone. Most of these premature deaths were due to non-communicable diseases such as heart disease, stroke, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease and lung cancer. Indoor air pollution is also responsible for causing acute respiratory diseases in young children. According to experts, an open fire in the kitchen is like lighting 400 cigarettes in an hour.
That is why there was a dire need of this Ujjwala scheme in India, let us now know who can take advantage of this scheme, and what are the necessary documents you will need.
Under this scheme, an adult woman belonging to a poor family who does not have an LPG connection in her house, that woman is eligible for this scheme, that is, only an adult woman from a poor family can take advantage of this scheme.
Under this scheme, LPG connection will be issued in the name of women of BPL family only.
Initially, the government has covered the following categories under the scheme:
- All the beneficiaries included in SECC 2011 list.
- Beneficiaries of all SC/ST families of Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (PMAY) (Rural).
- All the beneficiaries of Antyodaya Anna Yojana.
- forest dweller.
- Most Backward Classes.
- Tea and ex-tea plantation tribes.
- island people
- People living in river islands.
Who can take advantage of this scheme (Who can apply for Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana 2.0)
Under this scheme, five crore LPG connections are to be given to BPL families. The scheme will provide financial assistance up to Rs 1600 for each LPG connection to BPL families, interest free loans for purchase of stoves and refills by oil marketing companies. Administrative cost of Rs 1600 per connection, which includes one cylinder, pressure regulator, booklet, safety hose, etc. will all be borne by the government.
- An adult woman from a BPL household, who does not have an LPG connection, can apply to the LPG distributor for a new LPG connection.
- The age of the woman must be at least 18 years.
- Under this scheme, there should not be any other LPG connection in the house.
Important Documents For Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana
- It is very important for the applying woman to have eKYC.
- Aadhar Card (UIDA Card) will be valid as the identity of the applicant.
- BPL card or ration card issued by the state government.
- Aadhar card of all adult members registered in ration card.
- Account (account number) and IFSC code in any government or private bank.
How to Apply For Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana 2.0
You can apply for Free LPG Gas Connection i.e. Ujjwala Yojana in two ways. One offline and the other online.
Offline i.e., you can go to your nearest gas distribution company and take the form and fill it with all the necessary information and submit it along with the copy of the above mentioned documents.
The second way is online, let’s know how to apply for this scheme sitting at home
- To apply online for Ujjwala Yojana, you have to go to their official website pmuy.gov.in.
- As soon as you reach this website, you will have to click on Apply For New Ujjwala 2.0 Connection above.
- As soon as you click on it, you will get 3 dots on that page, Bharat Petroleum, HP and Indane.
- After choosing the company according to your convenience here, fill the required information in the form and submit it.
- You can also download the form here and fill it and submit it to the nearest gas company.
- A new LPG connection will be provided to you after thorough verification of your documents.
What will be its process (Prime Minister Ujjwala Yojana Whole Process)
- While submitting the application form, the woman will submit the documents like address, Jan Dhan/Bank account and Aadhar number.
- LPG Field Officer will tally the application based on SECC – 2011 database and after ascertaining the status of your BPL card, details like (name, address etc.) in a dedicated OMC web portal through login/password given by the OMC. ) will enter.
- The OMC will issue a new LPG connection in the name of the applicant, after checking and making sure that all the other details are required.
- The connection fee will be borne by the government.
- OMC organizes camps at various places to release connections to BPL families. This will be done in the presence of public representatives and dignitaries of the area.
- This scheme will cover cylinders of different weights (like 14.2 kg, 5 kg, etc.) depending on the condition of the area under all types of distributorship to BPL families.
- You can also contact Ujjwala Yojana Toll free number 18002333555 or 1906 (24 x 7 helpline for LPG consumers) for more information.
If you still have any question, then you can ask your question by going to our comment box, we will definitely give your answer.